We’re back today showing you another mega-ship that has just been introduced to the world’s largest vessel fleet.
Knocking the MOL Triumph off the top spot is the OOCL Hong Kong – it’s the newest ULCV (ultra large container vessel).
The vessel’s carrying ability is the most boast worthy – breaking the 21,000 TEU (twenty foot container) ability at 21,413 TEU!
Check out the OOCL Hong Kong’s stats:
- Length Overall: 399.870 meters
- Breadth: 58.8 meters
- Depth: 32.5 meters
- Designed Draught: 14.5 meters
- Deadweight: approx. 191,317 metric tons
- Builder: Samsung Heavy Industries
- Carrying ability 21,413 TEU
Alphaliner has come up with this fantastic image showing the ULCV’s:
Just how large can these vessel get?