The Korea-Australia Free Trade Agreement (KAFTA) entered into force on the 14 December 2014.
Using KAFTA is making a big difference for Australian exporters in Korea. Getting the benefits from the agreement can be easier than you think.
This report gives you a quick summary of how to use the agreement, and how you can get the most benefit out of it, by addressing the below questions:
For goods exporters
- Does KAFTA enable my exports go into Korea at lower tariff rates?
- How do I export to Korea with lower tariffs?
- What are rules of origin?
- How do I get a Certificate of Origin?
- Do lower tariffs only benefit the importer?
- What does the importer need to do to access lower tariffs?
- What else do I need to do?
For service exporters
- How to utilise KAFTA for services
For further information regarding the KAFTA please kindly contact our office directly, or contact the Export Council of Australia directly.