The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (Quarantine) have recently issued a statement regarding Christmas gifts that will soon be arriving into Australia.
These items are not permitted into Australia as they pose a risk to Quarantine. It is recommended that you do not bring (into Australia) or have sent the following products (but not limited to):
- toys containing seeds and sand
- pine cones
- fresh mistletoe, holly and conifer
- fresh fruit and vegetables
- raw nuts
- salami and other meats
- goods made from or containing bark or straw
- hampers (containing certain food, meat or plant material).
The below are alternatives to the above products. These do not pose a bio security risk:
- cooked Christmas cakes and puddings
- chocolates and confectionary
- toys not containing animal or plant material
It is important that we protect our beautiful country in this high risk period.
If you have any questions regarding the importation of any products into Australia, please contact us directly.