It’s been a few years since we have listed all Australia’s current FTA’s.
Free trade agreements (FTAs) are international treaties that reduce barriers to trade and investment.
Australia’s FTAs — both with individual countries and groups of countries — provide:
- better Australian access to important markets
- an improved competitive position for Australian exports
- more prospects for increased two-way investment, and
- reduced import costs for Australian businesses and consumers alike.
Benefits of FTAs:
- FTAs foster freer trade flows and create stronger ties with our trading partners.
- FTAs don’t just eliminate tariffs, they also address behind-the-border barriers that impede the flow of goods and services between parties, encourage investment, enhance cooperation, and can address other issues, such as intellectual property, e-commerce and government procurement.
- FTAs can increase Australia’s productivity and contribute to higher GDP growth by allowing domestic businesses access to cheaper inputs, introducing new technologies, and fostering competition and innovation.
- FTAs promote regional economic integration and build shared approaches to trade and investment, including through the adoption of common Rules of Origin and through broader acceptance of product standards.
- FTAs can enhance the competitiveness of Australian exports in the partner market, and add to the attractiveness of Australia as an investment destination.
- FTAs can deliver enhanced trading opportunities that contribute to the sustainable economic growth of less-developed economies.
- FTAs can continue to provide benefits to parties as the agreements are implemented, including through phase-ins and in-built agendas that encourage ongoing domestic reform and trade liberalisation
- New Zealand
- The Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) (with New Zealand)
FTAs still in negotiation:
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) FTA
- India Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement
- Indonesia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement
- Pacific Alliance Free Trade Agreement
- Peru Free Trade Agreement
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- Trade in Services Agreement
- Hong Kong Free Trade Agreement
Do you want to know more about free trade agreements and how they can benefit your company? Contact our sales team now.