A report has been issued for the last financial year, that Australian Customs were very busy protecting our borders.
They inspected 101,842 teu (twenty equivalent unit) and examined 14,200 teu.
The report also highlights that each week on average, the ACBPS clears:
• 291 ships in Australian ports;
• 10,619 crew arriving in Australia on commercial ships;
• 24,817 export entries;
• 52,017 sea cargo manifest lines for imported cargo.
The ACBPS also, each week on average:
• inspects 1958 20ft equivalent units in sea cargo.
• collects $235.3m in revenue on behalf of the Australian government
Read more about customs examinations and the cost to business here.