At EES we want to simplify the world of shipping. So far we’ve bought you Transhipment Explained and The Features of a Shipping Container. Today we are turning our attention to shipping abbreviations.
Here is a list of our most commonly used abbreviations:
- CY = Container Yard
- CFS = Container Freight Station
- T/S = Transhipment
- GP = General Purpose container
- HC = High Cube container
- FCL = Full Container Load
- LCL = Less than Container Load
- S.T.C. = Said to Contain
- E.T.A. = Estimated Time of Arrival
- E.T.D. = Estimated Time of Departure
- N.W. = Net weight
- G.W. = Gross weight
- HB/L = House bill of lading
- MB/L = Master bill of lading (also known as an Ocean Bill of lading – OB/L)
- O.O.G. = Out of gauge container (term used in the case of FR Flat Rack equipment)
- FOB – Free on board
- EXW – Ex works
Is there an abbreviation that you’ve seen or heard of and are unsure of its meaning? Contact us today.
EES Shipping, Logistics is our World.