The 121st Canton Fair is right around the corner.
The Canton Fair (China Import and Export Fair) is one of the largest trade fairs with the most variety of exhibits and it is conveniently located in Pazhou Island, Guangzhou, China.
Due to the size of this fair it is broken down into three phases. The dates and commodities for each phase are listed below:
Phase 1 15-19th April 2017
- Electronics and Household Electrical Appliances
- Lighting Equipment
- Vehicles and Spare Parts
- Hardware and Tools
- Building Materials
- Chemical Products
- Energy Resources
Phase 2 23rd – 27th April
- Consumer goods
- Gifts and Toys
- Home Decorations
Phase 3 1st May – 5th May
- Textiles and Garments
- Office supplies, cases and bags, recreational products
- Medicines, medical devices and health products
- Food and Native Products
Here’s a list of tasks that you must remember before heading off to China:
- Obtain a Visa – Firstly, to enter into China you must obtain a Visa. You can do this one of two ways – it all depends on the country that you are entering from. Can you either visit your China Consulate directly, or use an agency that specialises in visas.
- Register – To attend the Fair, you must also register to obtain a badge.
- Book Flights and Hotels – Flights and accommodation can also be booked on-line, and at the best possible price. Some airlines and hotels will offer you a special rate as you are attending the Fair. You can search for cheap flights here. The airport that you will need to fly into is Guangzhou (CAN). A convenient list of hotels can be found here. Each hotels proximity to the Fair is also listed.
- Wear a comfortable pair of shoes – the size of this event is huge. Being comfortable is imperative to ensuring that you are ready to make important deals. It is also possible that due to the sheer size of the Fair, you make not make it to every booth.
Some great first hand guides to the fair can also be found below:
All information has been taken from the Canton Fair’s website here.