There’s less than two weeks to go until the annual Fremantle Ports Maritime Day for 2016!
Held at Victoria Quay, Fremantle, this fun filled day should be placed on all families calendars – and circled, twice.
There will be action not only throughout Victoria Quay, but also inside the historic B shed and even in the water!
Fun activities, features and exhibitions are listed as follows:
- Royal Australian Navy submarine HMAS Sheean (above) will berth at Victoria Quay for the day
- Maritime dress up: Children are encouraged to enjoy the day by dressing in a maritime theme – anything nautical, for example a pirate, a mermaid or a sailor. There will be a children’s fancy dress competition
- Entry by donation to the Western Australian Maritime Museum for the day, includes ‘creating a sea creature’ digital animation activity for children, and a free ‘Behind the Scenes’ look at vintage boats in A Shed
- Free boat rides (above) on the harbour will be on offer, courtesy of South Metropolitan TAFE and the TAMs Group
- Australian Border Force will have demonstrations of mobile x-ray and detection units
- Fremantle Ports will have an exhibition of historic photographs
Head over to the Fremantle Ports website for further information.