Back in October we bought you the fantastic news that the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources had updated the ICON website – ICON has now been replaced by BICON.
Now a few months on, the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources have advised that the BICON website receives up to 80,000 hits a day.
By registering with BICON, importers are now able to:
- stay informed about changes to import conditions
- create and submit import permit applications
- track the status of their import permits
- search by keyword, scientific name or tariff
- view correspondence and respond to requests for further information
- manage issued permits and request variations
- add exporter, manufacturer and importer contact details
- pay for permit applications online
To register a BICON user account head to the department’s website – it’s a simple process.
The Import Services Team (IST) has been established to address client enquiries about import conditions and permits.
For assistance, contact the IST on 1800 900 090 (or +61 3 8318 6700 from outside Australia) and follow the prompts to import conditions and import permits, or email the IST directly at Imports.
The BICON website was a long time in the making, but it seems to have been worth the wait.