With the peak season upon us, and the silly season closing in fast, we want to remind all importers of ways to avoid additional costs and time delays. We’ve made a checklist to make it simple for you.
- Advise EES ASAP of your opening hours during the break along with any emergency contact details.
- All customs documentation must be provided to us at least five days prior to vessel arrival.
- Original bill of ladings / telex releases must be presented as early as possible.
- Advise EES of empty containers immediately to allow the transport operator plenty of time to return the container.
- Review your operating hours (possibly consider providing EES with gate keys for after hours easy access). This will increase flexibility with receival and empty collections
- Taking note of demurrage commencement dates for your containers
- Communicating with our office immediately on any foreseen problems
- Understanding that the wharf opening times over Christmas / New Years period will affect your cargo
Following the above list will lessen your chances of delays and additional costs to your cargo.